I love clothes. I love makeup. I'm just not that great at either. I can be quite a girly-girl, given the chance. I just don't often get that chance - shocking I know, but with my life and it's pace, there isn't always time to put into my appearance that I might have if I were still without children/working/had money to spend on myself like I once did. I also don't always find the clothes I like best in my size, or to fit my shape (which is pretty, um, round)
Anyhow, I also run into the issue of lack of selection where I live. For clothing and makeup. I have also gotten somewhat out of touch as to what is stylish, as, well, see above. It's not easy to keep in touch with what one doesn't get a chance to participate in, if you know what I mean.
So, I need some new eye makeup. At least, I needed some new eye makeup. It was time, I was feeling a bit repetitive with the eyeliner/shadow combo I had, and my much loved jar of MAC multi-use product was getting low. What did I do about it? My usual, of course.
I walked into a Shoppers Drug Mart and checked out the woman working at the makeup department. If she looks well put together, and well groomed, these women can be really helpful! I walked up to her and said "this is my face, these are the colors of everything, I'm mostly low maintenance, but I'm willing to be a bit bolder. I need some eyeliner, what do you suggest - oh, and it has to be inexpensive".
Amazingly, that is often all these women need! The woman I spoke to while in the city asked me a couple of questions, and led me over to a fabulous (and cheap!!) display of deeply colored eye-shadow duo packs. Pointed out the combination she thought would work well with my skin, hair and eyes. Deep turquoise and chocolate brown. I already had the brush needed to apply, to use them like eyeliner, but with the flexibility of shadow. Win/win.
It is pretty, and I'm very pleased with the new addition to my repitoire of make up.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay for pretty makeup! Sounds like fabulous colour combos! I'm more of a plum/ olive girl m'self : )
Post a Comment