Wednesday, May 23, 2007

the playroom is finally painted!


woo hoo! Visits from my dad are always a good thing. He's much better at getting jobs done than I am.

Now if you haven't been here to visit, these photos won't be quite as fun (so you should fix that and visit...nudge, nudge). However, to add some commentary, we had some Ugly (capital U) dark green walls in various places around our basement. The basement with next to no windows. Nothing says bright and cheery like
very dark green walls. We picked a bright and sunny green, and put it all over the playroom and where the green walls were on the stairs. It's hard to capture the exact green, but I really like it and it's a slightly lighter shade than a bottle of pert plus shampoo. Then we painted (and by we, I mean dad) the remaining white walls white, as nothing quite shows the lack of nice paint like new paint next to it.

For fun, I switched the 'feature' wall in the guest bedroom to a wall that made sense, again, if you've been here you will understand what I'm
talking about. We also managed to have enough white paint to repaint the dresser that arrived in
our home from Rob's childhood bedroom and had seen too many slurpees and lego creations. I'm quite fond of the blue...and please ignore the unmade bed, sheets are currently being washed.

I still need to finish 'dressing' the guest room, and need some shelving in the playroom. But I consider it mostly done. You may also note the beautiful artwork on the playroom walls. The artists are currently sleeping upstairs. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks so nice! Kudos to you and your dad! Very inspiring. Someday we'll live in a house we can fix up just how we want it. I love the colors you chose.

holmgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
holmgirl said...

I love it when we (and by we I mean my mom and dad) paint my house too!

holmgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baby-Mama Runner said...

Looks terrific! My parents are great painters too. I'll never forget when they painted our first house when I was about 8 months pregnant. I left for work from a house in boxes with baby blue semigloss walls thru-out and returned to no boxes, flowers on the table and a lovely warm taupe throughout. The hormones flowed unabated!

BL said...

Beautiful!!!!