Went to Isaac's last day of preschool party today. Brought Ruby along, who was peaceful and placid in the sling. Started chatting to a mom I've never met before - she has the only other little boy who is part-time in Isaac's class. Her son is a year older than Isaac. Anyhow, I have a HUGE mom crush on her! She was funny, down to earth and personable. Things I haven't really run into here. In fact, there seems to be this 'mom-ese' language that is native to this town, and I don't speak it well. For a town that claims to be really friendly, they aren't. So, back to my mom crush. I want to be her friend! We were already having a great giggle over some stuff, and were both equally horrified by the unattended children who showed up at the park. Took all I had not to run after her and give her my number, begging her to be my friend. I just don't know how to make the first move! Preschool is over, and I don't know when I will see her again.
On the bright side, she lives near the park we were at, and I know which house is hers. (don't stalk her, don't stalk her, don't stalk her....)
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here, I'll write you a letter of reference:
Dear Preschool Party Mom:
This letter is in regards to Kristen, who would like to apply for the position of your friend. I can attest that she is a caring and friendly woman, and would be a great asset as a Mom-friend. She has a sharp sense of humor, and is open and honest. I enjoy her advice, and the time spent chatting together, and wish I lived closer to her. As a bonus, her children are unbelievably cute.
Sincerely,
tiglet
Tiglet beat me to it.
I agree w/tiglet, too! And I totally KWYM! I have asked moms if they wanted to exchange numbers/e-mail before, but you probably shouldn't take friend-lessons from me! :P
Post a Comment