Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas has come...and gone

Wow, what a busy couple of days! Christmas was great. I'm sad it's over, but also glad we can now focus on what's upcoming in our lives.

Christmas Eve found us at the mall...crazy, no? We had to pick up the kids photos - and it went mostly well. Isaac was tired though, and was on the verge of a melt-down the entire time. Glad we were in and out quick! Rob wanted me to drop him off downtown so he could buy me a birthday gift. Got home with the kids, then got our goodie bags ready for everyone with Isaac's *help*. He had a late nap, which I really needed him to have. I was done :)

Met the in-laws for dinner at White Spot. (I'll really miss that place when we go...). Couldn't believe how good Isaac was there - especially considering we had appies before dinner. Well, with Poppy to play with....kept him happy. I didn't get too much time to really visit though, keeping a lid on the kids. Not that it was really hard! Then off to church....

Isaac was really restless during the Children's focus. Couldn't blame the guy - it just went on and on. Way too much talking for the little ones, especially for Christmas Eve. Roll eyes. All in all, the service was pretty good for us. I had a moment near the end of the service though. Our last Christmas without Rob having to work. Last Christmas with our families. Got a little teary. Got over it though...too easy to give in and get sad. Home and to bed.

Christmas morning started nicely at 8:30. Love when kids don't know better than to sleep in! Not much to open at home, which was really nice. Quiet and simple morning. Rob gave me my birthday gifts though - think our no gift policy was hard on him! Then again, the gifts (new sling and diaper bag - pink!) were really useful. Then off to the in-laws for brunch and gifts. Did I mention gifts? There were lots! We asked for pretty much nothing, but got so much. I am feeling totally saturated by them. Isaac got great bed linens, handcrafted by Lyn. So nice! Lots of toys for both kids, clothes too. Norah's are all too small though - well, they will fit but she is so close to the next size. Darn kids growing so well and all ;) Isaac still isn't too into gifts, which is nice. Just hard work opening them all for him! I got a new blender! Rob, a clergy shirt. Can't believe he's really going to need those soon....Never thought I would be so happy to see a new appliance. Great brunch made by Valerie. So glad I got the recipies she used - can't wait to use them myself.

Home for a rest...sort of. No nap for Isaac. Not sure if he's giving them up or what, but it's really annoying because he becomes a total bear by 6pm. Oh well. Then off to mom's.

Isaac totally killed us when we got there. He was dancing around mom's hallway, until he heard my dad's voice. Then he took off running into her place, dropping his jacket and sweater on the way, squealing the whole time. So funny. Mom, Rob and I were totally laughing. Crazy kid. More gifts. We are spoiled.

Great dinner. Nice to see my sister, dad, mom and Nanny (GG to the kids). My uncle Bob even phoned and talked to me. Another person warning me that SK is cold.

All in all, great way to spend Christmas. Filled the trunk twice with stuff. Not sure how we will move it all, but still great. Actually, it was great to get things we needed this year. Kept thinking how next year things will be so different....

No comments: