Wednesday, April 29, 2009

cell phones

This past weekend, I went to our local trade fair at the arena with my friend J. (Although, that hardly narrows it down - almost all my good friends here in town have names that start with J, it's almost like a pre-requisite)

We did some good shopping. I found some scrapbooking supplies, and we both found really nice necklaces. Then I stopped by one of the booths and was looking at cell phones. Found one I really liked, and it was a great deal. It's really strange though, I haven't been a regular cell user since we moved here. I had a cell back in Vancouver, and I used it quite a bit. Now? Hardly ever. We do have a cell, it's technically the hubby's, and we got it for work-related reasons. It hardly is ever used. If one of us is on the road out of town, we take it, otherwise, it's mostly unused. Even now that I *have* friends in town, we're all moms...it's so much easier to facebook a message or email than it is to call. Then we can respond when it's easier. I'd love to have a cell, specifically *that* cell phone, but I really don't *need* it. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times in the last 4 years that we've been even slightly stuck with not having two cell phones.

It's actually kind of nice knowing that I don't need to be connected this way. I'm easy enough to track down without me going mobile. Nice. Really.

1 comment:

Joy said...

But, in its defense, it was a beautiful piece of art, that lovely golden, glittery cellphone...