Sunday, August 03, 2008

that was a new experience

Yesterday, the hubby officiated at a wedding. This was the first wedding that he "did" that our whole family was able to attend, ceremony and reception.

The ceremony was lovely. Even including the extra entertainment from the couple's 4 year old son waving his grandfather's cane around in the air, and my middle child asking why the Catholic church's stained glass windows look like pizza pepperoni.

After the ceremony, I took the kids home for naps/rest. Just in time to head out to the ceremony, it started POURING rain. Nice. We made it out to the reception without getting too wet. The reception had some elements I've never seen before. I've never seen a gift opening in the middle of the reception, before the dancing. I've also never seen a wedding supper catered by KFC, with only coleslaw as a "veggie". One for the scrapbook. We came home and snacked on snap peas. Although, I'm still feeling a bit queasy from the grease.

No comments: