apparently, it's me.
spent yesterday baking up a bunch of rhubarb cake. It is very delicious. 4 cakes have been baked. Had fun with my girls, even though naps were short again. Icky day outside, rain falling. After supper, Rob couldn't remember if he left the garage door open, so I go to check for him.
And fall down our front stairs. Hard landing. These steps are, like a Bon Jovi album, slippery when wet. ouch. After I have a good cry about it, and walk around our kitchen muttering under our breath about 'stupid rectory...dumb cedar boards hiding out as steps...stupid town...hate this place...want a hottub...can't move my hand properly...what if I had a kid in my arms...dumb stairs...' and so on, I manage to breathe again. I'm bruised across my back and left hand, and really stiff too. ouch...I should really be more careful.
another not so great sleep with Ruby. Her top teeth have (finally) broken though, so I hope that will help tonight. Norah was up an hour ahead of her usual time this morning, and that girl has *NO* inside voice, so I begged Rob to get up with her. She wanted to cuddle in our bed, but I really couldn't handle her waking Ruby up, since she had only *just* fallen back to sleep. Then I promptly fell back asleep until 8:45 and woke up to Rob making hash browns, ham and eggs. Coffee was brewed (I must have been tired to sleep through the coffee grinder). Woo hoo! Well, not the eggs part. The house was cold this morning. Apparently, it got down to 1.1 last night - oh my.
Rob, the girls and I went 'to town' today. Ran some errands, and chatted to a couple of the people we know who are in the farmers market. I bought a necklace and we were given a nice jar of jam. Got home in time to put the girls down for naps. Then M came by for a surprise visit. M is one of my only friends in town, although she won't be living here that much longer. She is due with a baby in early November, and will be moving to the city where her boyfriend (not a fan of that word once we're past 30) lives. We spent most of the afternoon together, and went out for a bit with Ruby. Then I went over to D and N's house tonight for veggies from the garden and tea. Nice. A very social day for me, and since it was Rob's day off, he didn't have to be that social. Good recharging for us both.
Now Ruby is asleep, Norah is too. We're hoping to watch a movie...but only after I get this next batch of rhubarb cake in!
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh Kristin...you poor thing.What is it with your family and stairs? Time for a one level rancher huh?
It just doesn't seem fair that we live so far away from each other. We would have so much fun in the same town...even a strange remote one! We just need to find one with 2 Anglican parishes so we can keep paying our bills ;)I miss you girl!
Post a Comment